Monday, May 7, 2007

The Vila





THe Vila is where we go to church. It means "large house" or something like that, and the Church has rented out the middle floor for church. We are very often there. We went to a Relief Society Activity there on Friday, set up so that we could get to know the members. We danced Romanian style (but more like old-people ROmanian style) for at least an hour. But they welcomed us with clatita, which a crepes. Crepes actually orginated in Romania, not in France. Wlecome me with crepes anyday and I will be a happy girl.

We went to church there for the first time yesterday, and that was pretty sweet. Togther with the missionaries we made up about half the congregation. We all practiced our testimonies all week in Romanian and almost all of us got up and bore them in ROmanian. I was asked by one of the Elders just before the meeting started if I would say the closing prayer. Luckily I had brought my ROmanian notebook from my language class and i tried practicing how to pray during the meeting. And I said it in Romanian, too! The Elder told me i could say it in English if I wanted to, but I'm so glad I could do it in Romanian!

No comments: