Monday, May 7, 2007

Hala for Scala






Yay! We made it!
so afraid that I would be late coming into Dulles from San Francisco since they changed my flight and I only had an hour layover. Well, I was a little late, but Shara and Laura met me at the gate and as soon as we made it down to the terminal I boarded the next plane and sat down again for another long plane ride. I thought I was sitting next to a quiet American kid at first, but he was a college-aged kid from the Ukraine who worked half the year in Florida. I started talking to him as though he were any BYU student I would sit down in class and talk to, the I’m not interested in you but you seem nice and you’re sitting next to me so I’ll talk to you type kind of conversation. But then he wouldn’t... stop... talking. But being the flirt that I am, I just kept talking. I really need to take Lizzy’s approach to boys she doesn’t like and just be really good at giving “I don’t want to talk to you” signals without any verbal communication at all. But dinner passed and it was time to sleep. It kept leaning towards me and staring at me and putting his hand rather blatantly on his knee so that I would see it. I stared at my little television screen and acted like I was totally dumb and blind. Finally after twenty minutes he moved his hand so I didn’t have to worry so much. Plus I took a sleeping pill. I think that helped ease my nerves, too. But there was no way I was going to hold his hand. Grossness.

But we made it safely in to Iasi and up to our apartment. There is this tiny little elevator that has tiny little doors. If you can't close the doors all the way (like we couldn't because of my luggage), you just have to hold in the little button and as you go up or down you can see every floor pass you by. Our apartment has two small bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a living room and a kitchen. It's not as small as i expected, but sleeping space is a little tighter than i have ever experienced before. Our apartment is the scala apartment, and it is only ten minutes away from church and right across the street from the grocery store and a mall, which migth not be the best thing...

No comments: